HIMG eye experts provide comprehensive care for people who seek answers about conditions and diseases of their eyes.
HIMG’s eye specialists (ophthalmologists and optometrists) diagnose and treat most eye conditions, including those that are rare or complex. We offer a full range of eye care, from routine eye exams to surgery. Our special expertise lies within cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, cornea transplant, cancer of the eye, and diseases of the eyelids, the retina, the inside of the eye (vitreous), and the nerves related to the eye.
HIMG eye care experts also perform refractions, prescribe corrective lenses and offer refractive laser surgery, cosmetic eye surgery and contact lens services, including scleral lenses.
Why choose HIMG for eye care
HIMG specialists work closely with you and your health care team to understand and address your eye care needs. Many eye problems are related to other medical conditions, such as diabetes, immune system conditions and thyroid disease. So our eye experts collaborate with other specialists (endocrinologists, oncologists, neurologists) to provide exactly the care you need based on what's right for you. Eye specialists at HIMG also offer resources that can complement a primary care physician's expertise.
- Vision services such as eye exams
- Treatment of conditions such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism
- Prescribe and fit eyeglasses and contact lenses
- Provide low vision aids and vision therapy
- Diagnose eye conditions such as glaucoma, cataracts, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and conjunctivitis
- Prescribe medications for certain eye conditions (in some states)
- Participate in pre- or post-operative care for people who need surgery
- Optometrists and ophthalmologists may work together to take care of you.
Please contact us at (304) 522-1055.
HIMG Ophthalmology and HIMG Optometry are outpatient departments of St. Mary’s Medical Center.